That’s my best teenager impression right there. Isn’t that how they talk these days?
Because I am too lazy for a real post today, here are my answers to the Vegan Mofo Survey for 2009! Geeky! Interesting? Maybe! Probably not!
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Soy but I’m starting to mess with almond milk and I like it.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Butternut squash lasagna, Creamy Sweet Potato Bake, Bagels
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Nothing, really. Salt?
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Ahhh, yes. The disastrous avocado risotto. THAT was disgusting. And it looked like baby shit.
5. Favorite pickled item?
Duh – bread and butter pickles. I just realized a couple of months ago that there are bread and butter pickles made without high fructose corn syrup. This was a wonderful discovery.
6. How do you organize your recipes?
I have a binder with recipes that I’ve torn out from magazines, photocopies, etc. And I have all of my most-used cookbooks in a handy spot on the counter. Everything else is tucked away above the fridge (books like “Easy Sushi” — which is not easy to make at all).
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
Sourdough bread, cherry tomatoes, blueberries
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
My fondest memory is my earliest memory, too: eating pancakes with my Dad on a rainy morning, listening to Creedence Clearwater Revival’s version of “Proud Mary.” Food and music — they basically are my life.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Pure Decadence’s Cherry Nirvana. Nom nom nom.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
Kitchen-Aid mixer. I find an excuse to use it almost every day. Which I shouldn’t. Because that means I’m eating a lot of bread-y products.
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Gosh, death seems strong for an herb or spice. Maybe … basil?
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
I have a lot of cookbooks that were given to me at one time or another, but the one that I use the most often and have had the longest is Sarah Kramer’s “La Dolce Vegan.”
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Usually something with peanut sauce… or tofu scramble. Or orange seitan (think Panda Express, but vegan). I don’t serve food to many friends. 😦
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Potatoes. Sweet Potatoes. Chewable children’s vitamins.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Tofu. Frozen corn. Bread.
20. What’s on your grocery list?
Soy milk. Bananas. Dried fruit. Veggies. Tofu.
21. Favorite grocery store?
In Spokane: Rocket Market (yes, I support them even though they have fired half of my friends at one time or another and even though they poisoned me with their quiche years ago). Of all time: New Seasons in Portland.
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Rouxbe.com, Manifest Vegan, GoVegan.net
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
I’m sure most of the candy I like is not vegan.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Apple butter. Needed it for a recipe and was SHOCKED that none of the apple butter I could find at the grocery store was made in Washington. It’s only the apple state. Dumb. It was $9.
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
Again, scared seems like a strong word… I’m reluctant to work with most white foods. Because it grosses me out when I watch people eating them.